Our business philosophy originates from the trade guidelines provided in Islamic theology such as :
- Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly (Al Quran, 2:279)
- God loves those who are fair and just(Al Quran, 49:9)
- And give full measure when you measure and weigh with a balance that is straight(Al Quran, 17:35)
- But Allah has permitted trade and forbidden usury(Al Quran, 2:275)
- O you who believe, fulfill your contracts(Al Quran, 5:1)
- Allah shows mercy to a man who is kind when he sells, when he buys and when he makes a claim
The philosophy of Ahmad Jamal Textile Mills lies in the Islamic business values and ethics of socially responsible businesses. For instance, workplace harassment, discrimination in hiring and promotion, employment benefits, layoffs, conflict of interest, quality control, misuse of business assets, environmental pollution, etc. are matters on which Islamic and western approaches are more or less similar. We tend to lean towards the teachings of Islam as it puts much more emphasis on practicing good social behavior as a religious duty. We believe honesty and integrity are key to success in any business.